Friday, 7 October 2016

Billboard Conventions

A billboard is a large outdoor advertising structure that are found in high traffic areas such as a motorway or highly populated city. They are in place to present big advertisements to passing drivers, and the will often have distinctive visuals with witty slogans. The largest standard size billboards are also known as bulletins. They are located primarily on major highways or motorways, and receive high consumer exposure due to their size. Posters are the other form of billboard advertising, and are usually situated along primary and secondary arterial roads. Posters are a smaller format than bulletins and are viewed principally by residents, commuter traffic and pedestrians. They try to be as simplistic as possible, therefore do not have many conventions.

Simple Font- Easy to read font is used because they are usually viewed by a person when they are traveling in a car. It may be difficult to read if the font is cursive and elaborate, which makes the billboard pointless. I will make sure to use simple font on my own billboard because I want my viewers to be able to read it easily.
Billboard Conventions

Bold Colours- Simple but bright backgrounds are key because it will catch the readers eye and allow them to see the billboard easily when traveling past in a car. I need to make sure to use simple colours when designing my billboard, as I want it to be attractive yet effective.

Images- The image used should showcase the product or company being advertised. It is important that this is clear for the viewer to see. I will make sure that the audience is aware of whats being promoted on my own billboard.

Slogans- Slogans are made to be memorable by the company and should bring the product to mind when you hear or see the slogan. It is a really good advertising technique as something short can be catchy and stay in the readers mind. I will include a short catchy slogan on my own billboard, so the people know what product it is.

Logo- Logos are used so company products are recognisable that they belong to that business. They are also a name for a certain product/ or magazine etc. I will make sure I use my logo on my billboard, so the public instantly knows it is my work.

No comments:

Post a Comment