Tuesday, 8 November 2016

Colour Scheme Ideas

Coolors Logo
For my magazine, website and billboard, I need to follow a strict colour scheme, to add consistency and professionalism throughout. I used the free website coolors.co, which offers a whole selection of colour schemes and palettes which are programmed together. It allows you to visualise and order colours together, so you can see whether they compliment and contrast effectively.

Colour Scheme 1


The first house theme involved 5 very strong colours. I liked how it included a grey/ brown, which I think adds a sense of nature and calmness to the scheme, as the other colours are quite bright and vibrant. One colour I am not keen on using is the middle fuchsia, this is because it looks tacky, and reminds me of a little girls magazine, using bright colours to attract the younger audience.



Colour Scheme 2


This is my second colour scheme, and I chose these as I thought they were completely different and unlike any of my competition. I loved the sharpness of the teal greens, and the brightness of the purples, and I thought these two primary colours, really contrasted together well. I think the teal shades remind me of a computing/ technology magazine, as old school text on a computer would be green. Therefore, this is a negative to this scheme.


Colour Scheme 3



I wanted the next house theme that I created to be a little more girly and associate with a females fashion/ lifestyle magazine. Therefore I chose more stereotypical women colours, as they connote pretty things like flowers and makeup. I went for more calming colours, as I thought this would add a natural vibe to my products. I chose the warm yellow as I thought it adds a pop of colour, away from the similar shades, but still blends in nicely with the scheme. I thought I could use this colour for things that need to stand out on the page.

Colour Scheme 4




This is my finalized colour scheme, I have adapted the 3rd scheme, so it adds more depth to my products. I didn't want the whole magazine to be pink, with dots of a brighter colour, therefore, I have adapted that colour so its warmer, then added a light blue and grey to follow with the natural theme. I also wanted to include a dark colour, so I have different shades of light and dark, therefore chose a deep burgundy. I really liked this colour, as it will compliment light parts of my page, and its really autumn colour, therefore will connect with my natural look.

No comments:

Post a Comment