 |
| Vogue Magazine |
At first glance of a website, I think you instantly decide whether or not they are successful. If it looks dull and boring as well as complex, audience members are less likely going to try to navigate through the pages. I feel like a fashion website such as
Vogue.com (although an international magazine) is much more effective, as it is simple, modern and easy to navigate your way around. Similar features like the masthead are featured, creating a sense of professionalism, then underneath a clean, basic, yet varied choice of topics and categories can lead the user off too other parts of the website. The hyperlinked images that are placed simply provide a modern and visually engaging way to also find ideal pics and articles for he audience of this fashion magazine. The minimal use of text on this homepage definitely works to its advantage, carrying on the professional and niche international target audience that the magazine was initially aimed at. This layout is definitely one I want to use as it will engage with my modern audience and follow the minimalistic trend that is current right now.
 |
| Fashion North Website |
This professional website is then juxtaposed with a regional fashion website that is based here in the North East. I feel like this is a real let down, as it is the only fashion orientated product here, and doesn't do a great job of showcasing new, trendy fashion and gossip. Besides the masthead being unprofessional and a bit boring, the website has tried to imitate similar popular websites but has failed miserably. The CGI Multimedia Image is too large and takes up most of the page at first glance. The image is also too large and becomes blurred and pixellated. This makes the page look unprofessional. I need to take this into mind when designing my own website, as I want it to look as professional as possible.
Below I have created a video with some more websites that have inspired me.
Is this video still to add Layla, as I can't currently see anything on this post (although you mention it)?
ReplyDelete