Front Cover
I have began looking at a lot of magazines that I researched when looking at institutions. I found that they all have a large image of a model or famous celebrity. I will take this into consideration however I will feature a fashion personality or up and coming artist to star in my magazine, as my product is only focused on the North East region.
![]() |
| Front Cover Inspirations |
Finally, another convention that inspires me is the colour schemes and the way they have presented them. I can recognize that normally the masthead is a colour that is bold and then the cover lines follow the theme. The theme normally contrasts with the main image, and this provides something exciting for the reader to look at.
Contents Page
![]() |
| Contents Page Inspiration |
I have also looked at some content pages, however haven't been able to find many that I find inspiration from online. Although I have seen some paper copies, that I will scan in at a later date. From the online contents pages I have viewed, I took inspiration from the large coloured masthead. I really like how it is the main focus point when you see the page, and helps the reader recognize what page they are on.
Another feature I am inspired by is the layout, I like how the contents is laid out in a column form, and it is easy to see what pages have what articles on. Additionally, I like the use of sub- headings for fashion, music, gossip etc, and hope to incorporate this into my own magazine.
Double Page Spread
![]() |
| Double Page Spread Inspiration |
Online, I cannot find many examples of double page spreads, however have found a couple that I like. I will look further into this by purchasing paper copies.
One feature I am inspired by is the use of images. A lot of these double page spreads are really image- led, which I will try and take on board when designing my own article. I think an image - led double page spread is really interesting for the reader, as it is entertaining looking at the different images.
Looking at similar magazines, has helped me decide conventions and layouts that I have been inspired to use on my own product. I will keep these mind when designing my pages, as I want it to look as similar to a professional women's lifestyle magazine as possible.
![]() |
| Elle Contents Page |
![]() |
| Elle Front Cover |
Here is a contents page from a magazine with a similar genre to my own. I kept this magazine, as I liked the layout of the front cover, contents and double page spread. I then scanned it in, so it was available on my blog. I really love how the page is set out in columns, and I think this gives it a minimalistic/ fashionable feel. I hope for my magazine to give of this feel too, and I will use this is inspiration for my own contents page.





Don't forget to update the material mentioned in the above post as further research evidence.
ReplyDelete