Monday, 13 February 2017

Front Cover Draft #1

Figure 1
Front Cover:

When I started designing the front cover, I had a picture in my mind that I wanted to follow, I was really inspired by popular, international fashion magazines such as Vogue and Cosmopolitan, but had to keep in mind that my magazine was for a regional base, and had to aim it towards my target audience.

I first began choosing my masthead, and deciding the colour. I used the font Dubiel, which I had picked, with the help of my Facebook group. I also added my colour scheme to the image so I could use the Eyedropper Tool to pick from my chosen theme. I would delete it at the end, when the cover was finished.
Figure 2
 In figure 2, I added some cover lines. I really liked how the main cover line turned out, and planned to keep it like this. However, I could not decide what font to use for my other cover lines. I decided that using a plain serif font did not look the best, and made the front cover look very formal.

Here is some screenshots of me working on Photoshop CC 2015. I chose another great font that I thought worked well for the cover lines, and I then started experimenting with the layout and size of the cover lines. I had already added a barcode and price, but I needed to remember to feature the website somewhere. I think by experimenting with design, helped me find the layout that looked the best. I also tried different backgrounds, to find which looked the best.
Figure 3
Figure 4
Front Cover Draft


No comments:

Post a Comment