Friday, 10 February 2017

Magazine Recreation

Magazine Recreation
Cornwall Life Magazine






















I have recreated Cornwall Life, as I thought it was a nice front cover of a regional magazine. I wanted to recreate a regional magazine, taking into account my own magazine will have a look of a national/ international magazine (even though it is based on the North East region), so I get the feel of making a regional magazine, and I can confirm the conventions are the same.

Tools Used: I used Photoshop CC 2015, which has all of the tools I needed to recreate this magazine to a professional standard. One of the most important tools I used was the Eyedropper Tool. This allowed me select the colours that I wanted to replicate for my recreation. By using this tool, it has made my work look more alike the original, rather than randomly choosing similar colours. Furthermore, I used the Horizontal Text Tool, which helped me write text onto my magazine, without it, there would be no typography on the page. I managed to find look- a- like fonts from the website dafont.com, I love using this site as I can choose from a range of different fonts, and its free. Other tools I used were the Rectangle Tool and Ellipse Tool. I needed these for the banner at the bottom and circle puff at the top of the bag. By using these tools, it allows me to accurately draw shapes, and I can change the shape so it looks similar to the original magazine.

Strengths: I think I have many strengths within my recreation. For example, I have created a clean and crisp recreated front cover, this was by using the software and tools professionally. I have had many years of practice on Photoshop, as I used it for my Media Studies GCSE, and have used it for two years in my A Level Graphic Communication course. Within the piece itself, I really like how I have concentrated on finding matching fonts to the original magazine, and think it matches well. I also like how I have used my own images, and took them to a professional standard. The main image was actually photographed in New York, when I went on holiday, however thought the bright colours and pretty scenery matched well with the main image on the original, and for the purpose of a magazine recreation, it worked well. I also like the banner that I created at the top of the page, I think this ads further professionalism to the page, as it looks incredibly similar to the original magazine.

Weaknesses: One weakness on this page, may be of the model at the bottom left. I feel like this is not a strong image as it is a little bit pixellated, and I have not cut out the background perfectly. I think if I was going to improve this piece, I would choose a different image to use. Additionally, I think the lines at the top of the page are darker than the original, therefore if I was going to improve my magazine, I would make the stripes grey. Lastly, I think the cover line Looe Festival, needs to be a little bigger, as it looks smaller on my recreation. Other than that, I think I have recreated this magazine to a very high standard.

No comments:

Post a Comment