Tuesday, 31 January 2017

Location Scoutiing

There are several places I am considering for my photoshoot location.

Sunderland College Logo
First of all, the easiest place for me to access is Sunderland College's photography studio. I could easily take my images here as it is on campus, and I could get my model ready at home, which is near by, and drive her into college to take the photos. The only problem that may occur is that I would have to find myself a good camera and set up the studio myself. Since I don't study photography, I would not know how to set up the correct lighting and background unless I got a fellow student to help me out.
University of Sunderland Logo

Another possible place is Sunderland University's photography studio. Whilst on a trip in my first year, I met a photography/ media technician, who offered his studio for my photos, and this is where I took my images for last years coursework, which turned out brilliant. The only downfall was that the campus is rather hard to get too and closes early. Therefore by the time my model finishes college, and I got her ready I don't know if the studio would still be opened.

Newcastle Quayside
Another location may be the Quayside, in Newcastle. I think this would be a good location as it is in a prime spot for the North East, and would connect well with the region of my magazine. However, traveling there would be hard, and getting there after college, may be too late and the sun may have gone down. The quayside is also busy, therefore finding a spot for photographs may be a challenge.

I have decided I am going to take my images in my own college's photography studio. It is easy for my model to get too, and I will have time to get my model ready. I will overcome my problems by emailing the studios technician, and asking a friend for help to set the studio up.

No comments:

Post a Comment