1) Are there any potential hazards that could pose a health and safety risk where your photoshoot will take place (trailing cables/ traffic/ other objects)?
After assessing the area, I couldn't see any hazards that may be a safety risk during my photoshoot. The studio is highly professional with things like trailing cables well hidden, and unable to pose a threat of tripping over. The traffic may be an issue depending on the time of day, as it is sometimes busy when traveling into college.
2) What will you do to ensure these risks are minimised?
Taking into consideration that rush hour traffic will be busy during the times 8am- 9am, and 4pm- 6pm, I will book the photography studio for sometime during the day, this then ensures that the traffic will not be as hectic, therefore won't pose a health and safety risk.
3) Will the time of day/ weather affect the outcome of the photos?
The time of day and weather will not effect my photoshoot, as I am capturing them inside a photography studio. However, I do need to be careful if it is raining, as entering the college from my car might ruin my models make up and hair. To overcome this, I will take and umbrella just incase, and park as close as possible to the college entrance.
4) Have you considered the background to your photos, particularly if taken outside? How will you ensure you will get the background you want?
I have decided to take my images in front of a plain white background, as I can edit them later on in Adobe Photoshop CC 2015, with whatever colour I want.
5) Have you considered lighting? What about the 'problems' of natural lighting, either outside or streaming through a window? Will you need to use a flash? Have you considered reflective objects that might spoil the effect?
I know at the photography studio that there is professional lighting set up for my photographs, therefore I do not need to worry about the 'problems' with natural lighting, either outside or streaming through the windows (there are no windows). Some reflective items such as silver jewellery may reflect the flash, however I do not think this will be a big problem, because if that is the case I can always remove the jewellery during the photoshoot, or edit the errors out later.
6) Do you need permission to take photos in the place/ venue you have in mind?
Yes, I had to let my lecturer know, and also the photography technician.
7) Do you need to book a time in the room?
Yes, I am currently arranging a time.
8) Are other people/ crowds likely to be an issue for you? What have you done to ensure that it will not spoil the effect?
I do not think other people will be a big problem whilst taking my photos, since I will book the studio for my own personal use.
9) Are you reliant on lifts/ props/ friends equipment/ models? How have you planned that these things will come together at the appointed time? Have you got a plan B?
I am not reliant on a lift as I drive and have my own car, as apposed to last year when I was reliant. My model is a close friend of mine, and she said she is available whenever, therefore I just need to find a time to book the studio. She was reliable last year, and I believe she is still reliable for this years images. I do not have any props to take with me, but I will be taking other outfits for my model to change into, but this will be a problem I can overcome as I can easily take them to college in my car. If this photoshoot fails, then my plan B is to try another night in the photography studio, or try taking the images at home.
10) Finally, have you thought of every eventuality...?
Yes I have, I feel as though I am very organised for my photoshoot.
No comments:
Post a Comment