Monday, 23 January 2017

Target Audience Interview Feedback

In my previous post, I interviewed two girls that would be classed as my potential target audience, and asked them what would attract them to a regional magazine and what other features would they be interested in. Throughout the video, I have used a two person shot, as I believe this suits an interview style video, therefore you can also see the interaction between the interviewer and interviewee.

The first question I asked was, "How much would you be willing to pay for a professional regional magazine?"
Both of my interviewees said that they would pay in the region of £3- £4 for a professional regional magazine. I think this is a adequate price for a high quality, monthly, magazine, and remains affordable for my target audience. There is also evidence that this price is suitable from the research with my Facebook group, as I found this price was the most popular. Therefore, this is what I will price my magazine at.

The second question was, "What encourages you to buy a magazine?"
My first interviewee Holly, said that she likes a main sell line and striking images. In relation to my front cover, I will keep in mind to use cover lines that attract my target audience, and an aesthetically pleasing image, that will also attract a secondary audience as well as my primary.
My second interviewee Olivia, commented that she really likes a magazine to have a strong online presence in order for her to follow them on social media and keep up to date. I would like to maintain a strong relationship with my readers, therefore will create social media accounts on popular networks such as Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram, so my readers feel connected to my magazine. I will be communicating daily with them in order to cater towards what they want, whilst keeping the magazine active for the audience between the monthly issues.

Next, I asked "Do you prefer a text or image led double page spread?"
Holly said she prefers an image which is more interesting to view. I need to keep this in mind when designing my double page spread.
My second interviewee, Olivia, said she preferred both. Therefore my target audience may be able to appreciate both text and image. I am going to ensure that both image and text are strong and are given equal spotlight within the spread.

Furthermore, I wanted to know "Would you prefer a question and answer (interview) style double page spread, or a story?"
Holly believes question and answers are handy, but prefers a story as they are more interesting to read. I will take this in mind when writing the article for my double page spread.
Olivia said she prefers a question and answer style article, and since my target audience have different opinions, I will decide when coming to write it what my article style will be like, but at least I know from my first interviewee, that she does not mind a interview style article.

I then asked, "Do you prefer several images or one main image?"
My first interviewee said she prefers many images on a contents page, therefore I will take this into consideration when I come to designing my magazine.
My second interviewee, Olivia, said she prefers one main image, as apposed to many. This juxtaposes with what my first interviewee said, however, I am positive when I design the contents it will be attractive to both.

Moreover, I question "What colours are you attracted too?"
Both interviewees said they liked pinks, which is good as I have already picked my colours scheme, and their preferred colours are in my scheme. However, Olivia said she liked dark colours, which I have not included on my scheme, although I could look at adding them in when I come to designing.

Next, I asked "Would you prefer a hard copy of a magazine or would you prefer to read online?"
Again, both of my interviewees agreed that they prefer reading a hard copy, although reading online is easier if they are in a rush or on their travels. Consequently, I will have to create my online presence as strong as my monthly issues so I don't loose readers.

Lastly, I asked "What sort of contents and articles would you like to see in the magazine?"
Holly said she would love to read about regional fashion and gossip, therefore I will constantly have to relate my content to the North East region.
Olivia said she likes contents including celebrity gossip and fashion, so I will try and include a section which has details on international celebrities, however still taking into consideration my magazine is regional.

Conducting this interview, has really helped widen my potential target audience research, and what they would like to see specifically from my magazine and products.

No comments:

Post a Comment